Wednesday, December 28, 2011

CVS haul 12/26/11

So I finally caved and went to CVS to check out their clearance sale... And I got way more than I intended on getting. However! I didn't spend as much as I would have if the products weren't on clearance so I guess I got a good deal. Plus I've got a hefty amount of backups now.


Look how much I saved! I thought that this was insane. So as you can see, this sale is definitely worth checking out. I don't know how long the sale runs as it is dependent on how long it takes each individual store to receive new products to put in their place.


These are all the goodies that I got. There was more that I wanted, but I needed to practice self-control. :D
I'll do some initial reactions to a few of the items, but not all of them as some are backups for me.


Reviews after the jump!


L'oreal eyeshadow duo in Shady 
So far, I'm liking this duo. I've used it once in conjunction with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and it held up pretty well considering I was working all day. I will do a more comprehensive review of this when I test it out more.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Red-y For Trouble and Cry Baby
 So far I've just opened up the Cry Baby ones to try and I have only had them on for two days or so. I can't tell you much about them now, but I will do a review after I have them on longer. I do have to say that the application isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, but it isn't overly difficult.

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Natural Beige
I think that the shade that I bought is a little light for me, but I think I can make it work since it's winter and I'm a little lighter than usual. I haven't tested it out for wear so I can't say much about it. I'm happy to report that I haven't had a negative reaction to it though. I hate trying new face products simply because there are so many of them that break me out like crazy.

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Liners: Glam Green Eyes, Hazel Eyes & Glam Hazel Eyes


I haven't opened these yet simply because I have so many gel liners opened at the moment and I want to finish those first. I'm afraid that these will dry out if I open them right now. I bought these because I heard great things about them and the colors are beautiful. I don't own any gel liners in these colors so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get these 75% off. I know that these are not made for brown eyes, but I could really care less. I think that you can rock any color as long as you like how it looks on you. :)

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Primer in Pink
I bought this to use as a highlighter. It reminded me of Benefit's That Gal brightening primer which I have a sample size of. I like the brightening effect and this was such a good price so I decided to try it out. I might do a comparison to Benefit's That Gal in the near future since the color looks very similar.

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Crimson and Soft Rose

Left: Crimson Right: Soft Rose

I only own one other color of this lipstick and I love it so I decided to buy two more. The color that I already own is Mauve. I actually bought two of Soft Rose since the color looks like a great everyday color for me. It is only slightly darker than my lips and I like the creamy finish. Crimson is a beautiful red and I've been on a red lipstick kick lately so I decided to buy another one. I tend to gravitate towards cream finish lipsticks because I think that frost or shimmer enhances the dryness of my lips and also the creases in my lips. Creams seem to be more forgiving and more moisturizing for me. There were a bunch of other shades on sale, but these were the only two that grabbed my attention. I highly suggest going out and buying a few of these since they are on sale and the texture and feel of these lipsticks are fantastic!

I haven't opened up the L'oreal mascara yet so I can't tell you how I like it yet. I just bought it as a backup because I've been wanting to try it. The Bonnebell lipgloss was just a nostalgic buy for me since I used it all the time when I was a kid. I bought the Ardell Brow Shapers cold wax strips to use when I don't have time to clean up around my brows. I haven't used it yet so I don't know how it's going to work. 

That's all for now! I'll try to test out the products soon so I can put up full reviews.


3 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Such great deals you got there!!!! Too bad I missed it:( I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI =) very beautiful blog
    I follow you.
    FOllow back? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great buy!

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete